Saturday, November 1, 2008

The clavicle is attached to the....well not anymore.




After a long bicycle season, which included; training, criterium racing,(including one hard crash at Attleboro),commuting daily on a fixed gear and brakeless bike,lots of mtb riding, racing a mtb endurance race, learning to drop in on a bmx, a few 'cross races(including another hard crash at Glouscter)and a day at Highland mtb park, it finally happened. I fractured my collar bone, riding an ancient Polish three speed girl's bike on Broadway. Halloween night Lynn, Mike I and I were rolling down Broadway, laughing and goofing off coming home from dinner. I was pretending to go fast on a silly bicycle, chasing Mike, as I stood on the pedals to accelerate, the quill stem loosened and the front wheel flopped over to the left.I hit the ground with no warning. The full force of the impact was applied to my right shoulder. Frate said that I blacked out for five minutes, I don't remember. The old polish Tyler is ok. Go figure.

See you at the bike swap on Sunday!

4 comments:

Bad Brad said...

Holy Crud. Heal up!

I MISSED THE SWAP! (I was racing) BUT I WISH I WENT TO THE SWAP!

Aa said...

Awesome!
You're now 100% officially, undeniably a bike racer. dyed in the wool, the whole deal.
Nice to see you for half a minute Sunday.
Heal up.
Best time of year to get hurt really... cold and all.

And you learned to drop-in on a BMX?
What in the world...

IMA said...

I'm speechless, astonished and nonplussed about your misfortune. Sorry for the tardiness, this week has been torture at the old M1 headquarters.
What's the projected duration of your disability?

team sam said...

Murat

The docs said 8 weeks, I'm thinking 4 weeks I'll be back on a road bike, It'll be a while before I'm on a mountain or 'cross bike.

mike