Sunday, August 10, 2008

8-9 race and ride report



Lynn went up to Highland mtb park with Mike I, Mike F and a few other guys from the shop. Mike I, perennial good guy, (and national downhill silver medalist) set up his Sinister dirt jump mtb for Lynn to ride. Setting up the fit, suspension and switching the brake levers 'cuse Lynn rides moto style, weird I know. Needless to say, but from all accounts, she rocked it, on a hard-tail no less.

I raced the Gate City crit. in both the cat4/5 and masters. I did not have a great day, In the first few laps of the 4/5 race I witnessed a rider drill the ground with his face at speed. It shot my nerves. The only place I fell confident to pass was on the left side of the climb. This is the location I would consistently make up spots, only to loose my nerve going into the corners. I know, "Mike, sit on the front where it's safe"...I just didn't.... Not happy. The 35+ race was much smoother, the race went with out incident, I was following John L., he is a great wheel to follow. Then I realized that I was at the back of the bus, any attempt to swim upstream was was met with resistance from my legs. My race was over, I finished at the end of the pack.



Looking forward to the Witches cup Wendsday!

No comments: