Saturday, September 6, 2008

California or bust!



I'm off to California, Monday, for work. I won't return until mid-morning Saturday. I'll miss the NBX training race(Lynn will be there) and the Bob Beal weekend. I've never been to southern California, so I have a few questions; I'm taking my fixed gear bicycle to get around, is orange county C.A. bike friendly? Will I survive the mean streets of socal on a brakless fixed gear? Do they have real beer in the land of make-believe?

*Edit- $100 each way to take my bike in a thule box! F*%k that! The box must be less than 62 linear inches (h+l+w) and weigh in less than 50lbs. Hmm, need a folding bike. I don't want to be held captive in a hotel for 5 days.....I WILL go out of my mind...public transportation in CA is notoriously bad.

*Edit Bicycle Licenses?
"Did you know that every bicycle that is ridden on Anaheim City streets must be licensed? The Anaheim Fire Department issues bicycle licenses at all of its Fire Stations.
Bicycle licenses are $3.00 and are good for two years. All fire stations issue licensing seven days a week between the hours of 8:00 a.m. & 5:00 p." - WTF?! I already hate California!

1 comment:

IMA said...

Yeah sure you do!.. I was in San Diego in 2007 (first time) and I swore that I would find a job and move there before I'm 40.